'Voices from the Margins' is a place where previously-untold stories can be given the space and audience they deserve.
Curated by our Poverty Media Unit, Voices from the Margins is a dedicated blog where people with lived experience of poverty can speak truthfully, free from misrepresentation.
If you have a story to tell, are interested in speaking to those involved, or would like to help us amplify these voices, please get in touch.
- These shows don’t speak for me and don’t explain the grip of poverty
- Loosening poverty’s grip: ideas in the North East
- How to unlock poverty for dads like Martin
- New romance left us with £1.86 a day to live on
- This was our home for 7 weeks after UC swept us into poverty
- UC doesn’t leave me enough to buy food
- How to fix UC? Pay enough for me to afford good food
- How York is tackling holiday hunger, and the long-term answer
- UC trapped me in poverty. Here’s how to fix it…
- How to unlock poverty in Sheffield