Just a thought…
Within a short distance of an average town church in the UK (using national statistics), there are likely to be 10, 000 people, which would include:
- 2,000 people on low incomes
- 333 unemployed people
- 160 people who are homeless or in temporary accommodation
- 833 carers
- 1,100 with some kind of mental health problems
- 1,200 people living alone, 580 of whom would be of pensionable age (Friends of the Elderly have a report on this issue).
- 910 people on some sort of benefit
What is your church doing to stand alongside these people?
(With thanks to Church Action on Poverty in Sheffield)