Close The Gap: Partnerships of Hope and Transformation
Nov 10, 2012
from 10:00 AM to 07:30 PM
|Where||Cross Street Chapel, Cross Street, Manchester M2 1NL|
|Contact Name||Janet Gee|
|Contact Phone||0161 236 9321|
|Add event to calendar||
- Hear stories of hope and transformation from our grassroots supporters.
- Debate how to build a movement for change with our national partners.
- Learn all about our new partnership with Christian Aid, with a keynote address from their director, Loretta Minghella.
- Learn how you can partner with us, at a range of training workshops.
- Help launch our new vision for the next 10 years.
- Celebrate our 30th anniversary with a special service, a keynote address by Revd Giles Fraser, and a birthday cake.
I believe that poverty is not inevitable and that together we can make a difference
(Loretta Minghella, Christian Aid)
The Christian gospel is profoundly committed to the needs o f the poor and the dispossessed
(Revd Dr Giles Fraser)
10:00am Tea and coffee
10:30am Welcome and opening reflection
10:40am Stories of hope and transformation
12:00pm Panel: building a movement for change and transformation
1:45pm Keynote address: Loretta Minghella, Christian Aid
2:30pm Workshops: Partnerships for hope and transformation
3:50pm Building a movement for change and transformation: the next 10 years
4:15pm Church Action on Poverty AGM
4:35pm Prayers and reflection
6:00pm Celebration service with keynote address by Revd Dr Giles Fraser
Cross Street Unitarian Chapel is easily accessible by bus, tram and train.
kindle a flame
This event is just part of our birthday celebrations. We’re inviting our supporters around the UK to join in by running your own celebration services, raising funds for our future work, and
building strong partnerships with us.
book your place now
Call our office on 0161 236 9321, or use the form below to book your ticket now:
Or download and print the flyer below: